Our Mission Statement
The Wexford Genealogy Organization is a nonprofit organization that was started in 2002. WGO was formed for the purpose to create and build interest in the study of family history and to preserve local genealogical records.
- To preserve and collect historical record of ancestors and local history.
- To compile, prepare, and index records of local interest.
- To aid members of the community with instructions on current genealogy research.
- To raise funds, solicit and obtain grants, and donations for our objectives.
- To hold membership and board meetings to plan projects and condluct business.
- To offer educational seminars, classes, and guest speakes on topics related to genealogy research.
- To offer a newsletter with current happenings of our group.
Our Library Resources:
- Wexford County Probate Books -1901-1957
- Wexford County Cemetery Records/Townships
- Cadillac News obits Indexed 1800-2019
- State Death Records
- Cadillac City Phone Directtories
- Old Cadillac Newspapers Indexed
- Family History Donated Binders
- Wexford County Platt Books-1900-1910
- Microfilm Reader/Printer
- Family Tree Magaines for Updates
- Old Cadillac Evening Newspapers-1940-
- Cadillac High School Year Books
- Atlas and maps of local area.
- Patron Tree For Family Memorials($50 per Leaf)
- Computer Program: Ancestory World.com on THREE COMPUTERS.
- FACEBOOK: CHECK US OUT!